Saturday, November 3

Is Love at First Sight a Real Thing?


Romeo and Juliet fell in love at first sight. But then again, should you be getting your love advice from a 450-year old dead guy? No!

Listen to enough pop songs and watch enough romantic movies, and you're bound to start believing that love at first sight happens all the time. But does it exist in the real world, between real people?

Like so much about love, the question of love at first sight can't be answered objectively. But I'll do my best to answer it here in the most helpful way.

Is Your Mind Playing Tricks on You?
Have you ever seen someone and instantly felt attracted to every part of them, including their personality (even though you haven't even talked to them yet)? You might be quick to call it love at first sight, but it's probably what psychologists call the attractiveness halo effect. When you see someone who looks great, your brain sometimes jumps to the conclusion that their personality must be great, too.

We all know that not everyone's looks and personalities match up. Some attractive people are total jerks, and some of the best people in the world aren't what you'd necessarily think of as hot. So the halo effect is really just an illusion. Your sudden feelings of love might go away as soon as you get to know the person better.


Love: More than Just Looks
Everyone's got a different take on what love is, but few people believe that's made out of stuff you can find just by looking at someone. Love (at least if you ask me) is made up of compromise, empathy and patience. You can't give or get those sorts of things at first sight.

That doesn't mean that your initial feelings can't turn into love. When you first see someone, you might instantly know that you want to get close to them and learn about them. As your relationship progresses, those feelings might eventually grow into love. But is "love" really the word for your gut reaction? Not unless your definition of love is kinda superficial.

When Couples "Just Know"
You might meet couples who say that when they saw each other for the first time, they "just knew." What did they really know? Probably that they liked how the other person looked and acted, and that they wanted to take things to the next step and get to know each other better.

If they want to call it "love at first sight," that's okay by me. But keep in mind that there are lots of other couples who get the same feeling when they meet each other, and it ends badly or doesn't go anywhere at all. It's not the first glance that makes it love. It's the stuff that comes later - the commitment and caring that makes a relationship last.

The Danger of Believing Too Strongly in Love at First Sight
You might be wondering why I'm giving love at first sight such a bad rap. It's not that I don't think the idea is sweet, or that I don't love some romantic movies. (My favorite love at first sight scene's got to be this one from Romeo and Juliet.)

But it's wrong to think that if you don't have intense feelings right away, it could never be love. Some of the best and strongest relationships started out in totally unromantic ways.

More importantly, though, the halo effect can be dangerous. If you see someone hot and assume that what you feel is love, you'll overlook qualities in them that could end up hurting you. You might let them get away with abusive behavior because your heart has taken over your better judgment.

So What's the Answer?
Whether or not you want to believe in love at first sight is up to you. Just don't go out there expecting to find it and get upset when you don't.

And when you meet someone you instantly swoon over, be aware that there's a whole lot about them you haven't seen yet - including some stuff that might not be so deserving of your love.

3 comments:

  1. After being in relationship with my husband for nine years,he broke up
    with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in
    vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I
    begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I
    explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should
    rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring
    him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no
    choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there
    was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my
    ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and
    surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I
    was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was
    so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to
    him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that
    was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have
    made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I
    would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only
    real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and
    who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need
    the help of the spell caster, his email is prophetmiracle1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great spell caster called (Dr Abu) have done for me,
    this temple
    have just brought back my lost ex
    lover to me with their great spell work, I was dating
    this man called
    Steven we were together for a long
    time and we loved our self's but when I was unable
    to give him a male child for 5 years he left me and told
    me he can't continue anymore then I was now
    looking for ways to get him back and also get pregnant,
    until a friend
    of mine told me about this temple and gave me their
    contact email,
    then you won't believe this when I contacted them on
    my problems they
    prepared the items and cast the spell for me and bring
    my lost husband
    back, and after a month I missed my monthly flow and
    go for a test and
    the result stated that i was pregnant, am happy today
    am a mother of
    a set of twins a boy and a girl, i thank the temple once
    again for
    what they have done for me, if you are out there
    passing through any
    of this problems you can contact this great Dr for help
    listed below:
    Contact them...Abuspellhome@gmail.com
    (1) If you want your ex back
    (2) if you always have bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
    yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) Herbal care
    (10) If you can't be able to satisfy your wife
    sex desire due or
    low err action.
    (11) if your menstruation refuse to come
    out the day it suppose or over flows.
    (12) if your work refuse to pay you, people
    owing you?.
    (13) solve a land issue and get it back.
    (14) Did your family Denny you of your
    right?
    (15) Let people obey my words and do my
    wish
    (16) Do you have a low sperm count?
    (17) Case solve
    (18)Do you need help to win a lottery? E.T.C
    Contact them on their email on
    Abuspellhome@gmail.com
    And get all your problems solved
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Information you shared is really nice, thanks for share such information with us. Black magic spell caster

    ReplyDelete

Lifestyle and Love

About Me

Privacy Policy

About Us